Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maura, amigurumi doll of cute-flower-ness!


Since I started amigurumi, I've been making animals. I love animals and they're tons of fun, but I've always wanted to work on a doll. So the past few days, for a few hours each day, I've been writing up, erasing, re-writing, drafting and crocheting up a pattern for this girl, who I named Maura. It finally all came together! I think she looks okay, if I do say so myself...
(except for the blurriness, please pardon! I'm working on that. My camera is a dorkfish >: )

<3! I didn't do much with her face, mostly because I was trying to figure everything else out first, but I love the way her dress came out! That was a random quarter-yard I bought at a fabric store just for the heck of it haha. Her eyes aren't actually safety eyes, since I can't really buy them up here and don't like ordering a lot of craft stuff online (I guess I like to hold it in my hand first... is that weird?). They're just black plastic beads, which come in TONS of sizes and are really versatile, and inexpensive!


The hair was really fun, too, because I'd never done anything like that before. I made a skullcap and sewed it all on, and it seemed to work really well. (I'm not quite sure why I chose blue...)
Ah, and her feet. She seems to have two toes? Well that's on purpose, for her at least, because I knew I wanted her to have flip-flops. However, for another doll I would probably just make it one solid foot. She has fingers, though! That was fun~




I hope you like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment